Thursday, December 6, 2007

Welcome to my blog. I move fast, so catch up...

Yes, I now have a blog. I made fun of my friends who have them before, and now I have one. I'll say it for you, I am a hipocrit. My friend Blaze (yes thats her real name) asked me to start a blog about being married and fabulous, because I am both. She is engaged - which is a strange state, which I am sure I will blog about later, and several of her friends are single. Not only are they single, but they have gotten it in their heads that we married people are trying to "recruit them" and are anti- single and only talk about (and blog about I'm told) how fabulous and great it is to be single and we are just jealous.

For the record, I am very ecstatically married. I'm a newly-wed and I'm told its a phase. So here it is, my Married and Fabulous blog.

If you are going to be reading this regularly, you should atleast have some idea of who the main players are. I will call the the main cast (mainly because I am convinced I should have my own TV show).

I am 24 and my husband Matt, is 29. We met in 2005 when we were both working for the Drillers, a minor league baseball team. One of my best friends, Blaze, worked there with her boyfriend (now fiance) Dave. They got me the job in the ticket office since I was broke because I was interning for the summer. Matt was the assistant manager of the ticket office. For those having trouble keeping up, I dated and married my boss. Neither of us works there anymore, so its a non-issue other than its a funny "how we met" story.

Long story short, we dated long distance for about a year, moved in together, got engaged, got married, bought a house. We've been married for 6 months on Sunday (yes, we celebrate our anniversary every month) I'd told we move fast. What can I say - when you know, you know. I told Blaze and my roommates Kelly and Emily we were going to get married - this was before I had even gone on a date with him.

We are very much in love, and very much obsessed with each other. We always like to pick at each other and make fun of each other. We are aware that we can be nauseating, so we try to keep the "newlywedness" to a minimum in front of most people.

Well, there you have it - my first blog. I am so proud of myself! I have so much to say now that I have started. I guess I will keep this up for awhile afterall.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay!!!! I'm so excited. I have so many ideas...we need to have cast meeting!

Bethany said...

I am very excited about the blog!

Kelly said...

Im so happy to have another blog to read and not do real work! Thanks!!

Meet Rachel Adams

I started my blog because I am convinced that I should have my own television show. Once I point this out to other people, they think it is a great idea. I feel a show about me would be MUCH more entertaining than a large portion of what is on TV now. So, until Bravo or Mojo calls to ask to tape my life, I will keep up my blog to entertain myself and my public. Feel free to post any questions or thoughts you would like me to address.

Enjoy the show!