Friday, September 26, 2008

Its My Birthday Week!

I like birthdays. Alot. Probably too much. I think they are the most important celebration for each person. I also think mine should be a national holiday. I also celebrate my birthday month, and expect all others to respect and celebrate my birthday week. My actual birthday - sacred. This one is off to a strangely awesome start.

1) I got free tickets to Rascal Flatts / Taylor Swift. Blaze and I went with Jinni and Boots from work. Awesome. Apparently 3 beers at the BOK Center is enough to get this kid drunk. Matt crowned it off for me by driving my drunk ass to T Bell at 12. Amazing. I don't think it has ever been that good. Also, I have decided that my calling is to play violin for a county band. Duane is working on getting me a mentor (I asked for the fiddler in Rascal Flatts, I might have to settle for someone with Toby Keith). So, if you know any awesome fiddle teachers, send them my way. How hard do you think it is to teach a classically trained violinist the fiddle? Sounds pretty easy, right? Although, I am still bitter my text didn't make it on the big screen, but Blaze's did.
2) We had a Mexican fiesta at work for all the fall birthdays (we have 5 in 3 weeks - there are only 15 people in my office!). Ted's delivered delicious food and we made margaritas. Delicious! I am basically against me working on my Birthday Eve, so it is working out well.
3) I think I am going to go out with Duane and Blaze tonight to party like its 1999. All are invited. If you have ideas where we should go, text me. I am drawing blanks and not super motivated yet. Change it, damn it!
4) Saturday is super busy. Emily, one of my favorite people, is in town and we have a breakfast date. Super excited! Mandy gets married at 2 and I can't wait! Then, this is where it gets dicey. The reception is at 7. Kappa receptions are always amazing because we are ridiculously drunk inappropriate dancing fools. And her husband owns a brewery. So thats amazing! BUT!!! Boyz II Men is playing at the fair at 8. So this is what I am thinking... Concert and then reception and then after party. My goal is to get on stage and dance with them to Motown Philly. It must happen! Why do I have to choose?!
5) Sunday. I have to go to the kappa house to learn how to be the social advisor. That makes me laugh!!! The social advisor is going to training HUNG OVER. And its me! i have to chaperon stuff. Hilarious!

Favorite quote of the birthday week:
Blaze replying to my thought about Kidd Rock "I love him. Seriously. I really love him. I want to go see him! He is like the dirty bad boy you do in college and never tell anyone about" Then she gave the name of a seriously dirty guy from college, but claims she didnt. I don't know what to believe anymore.

4 comments:

Duane Fernandez said...

When you say "I think I am going out" - you really mean: "I'm going out.." Right?

Wow.
Kappa Social adviser!
THAT IS awesome. How can I go about applying for such a position?

Unknown said...

I did not do Matt Britton, just used him as analogy. I know too many that did though...

Bethany said...

I also enjoy celebrating my birthday. However the MIL doesn't like that I take the entire weekend to celebrate the day that I entered the world. (or that we celebrated Parkers b-day for a weekend either. Hello he only turns one once!!!!) Happy Birthday!

PS I don't know if I believe Blaze

Unknown said...

I'm no longer going to defend myself on this subject. Nothing ever happened with him. So subject dropped.

Meet Rachel Adams

I started my blog because I am convinced that I should have my own television show. Once I point this out to other people, they think it is a great idea. I feel a show about me would be MUCH more entertaining than a large portion of what is on TV now. So, until Bravo or Mojo calls to ask to tape my life, I will keep up my blog to entertain myself and my public. Feel free to post any questions or thoughts you would like me to address.

Enjoy the show!