Wednesday, December 31, 2008

New Years Resolutions

Today is the LAST day of 2008. How the crap did that happen?! Since tomorrow is a fresh start, clean slate, new beginning, I need to figure out what I want to do this year and how I can improve. I know what you are thinking, and contrary to what you may think, there is room for improvement.

1) Improve our financial situation - this seems pretty generic, and it is. I don't have to tell you people EVERYTHING! I want my credit cards paid off (knock on wood, that should be in the next month or so), my savings increased, and some sort of investment plan for Matt. I contribute to my 401(k) but he doesn't have anything set up for his retirement. That should change this year. Any suggestions?

2) Health - Matt and I are pretty good about cooking at home and not eating too much junk food. That being said, we aren't very good about going to the gym. We are good about paying our gym membership, but not so much the going part. I am going to try going in the morning so my day can still be over when I get home from work. I like just coming home, changing clothes, fixing dinner and relaxing.

3) Grad School - this is the year, it has to be. Matt and I decided that I either start this year, or not at all. So, I am going to try to start. I am studying for the GMAT and take it in January for my applications that are due in February. Wish me luck. That is really going to put a hamper on the financial situation and the being done with the day when I come home. Its a long term improvement though, right?

4) House - This year I am going to try my darnedest to keep the house cleaner longer. I love the house being clean, it is just so hard to maintain! I also have a few projects around the house I want to do. I want to paint the living room and master bath and do something with the retro bathroom. I also want to work on getting the backyard in order. It drives me crazy.

There are some others, but those are the main ones. Pretty generic, I know. Who cares... baby steps, people! I get a little better every year and I think that is pretty good!

1 comment:

Bethany said...

keeping the house clean. That is my biggest problem, it is always messing, not DIRTY, but there is stuff everywhere

Meet Rachel Adams

I started my blog because I am convinced that I should have my own television show. Once I point this out to other people, they think it is a great idea. I feel a show about me would be MUCH more entertaining than a large portion of what is on TV now. So, until Bravo or Mojo calls to ask to tape my life, I will keep up my blog to entertain myself and my public. Feel free to post any questions or thoughts you would like me to address.

Enjoy the show!