Monday, July 28, 2008

A case of the Mondays

"Looks like someone has a case of the Mondays" is probably the only sentence that suits me right now. I used to just think it was a semi-funny, kinda annoying line from a movie. But, now I realize, I officially have a case of the Mondays.
Mornings are never easy for me. Either are Mondays. But Monday mornings are especially hard for me. I don't think I am unique in this either. Who really likes Monday mornings???
I have been trying to think up a replacement or cure for Monday mornings, and I think I have found it. Let me know what you think...
Monday mornings, we should all agree to just read our emails, not respond, get caught up from the weekend, and not speak. No big meetings or events should start on a Monday, especially in the morning. Nothing should be due. We don't speak unless to tell a funny story. Most importantly, we realize that as pissed of as you are that it is Monday morning, don't be an a*s to people. They are just as pissed as you and it is going to make every situation worse.
If you are a boss, you should try to surprise your employees every now and then on Monday mornings. Send the office flowers, bring in breakfast, give us an early lunch, have lunch brought in, have a movie Monday and rent a stupid movie and let us watch it while we work, buy a new CD for the office, send us itunes credits, send us a "thanks" email.

Everyone has a case of the Mondays - lets just try to get through it the best we can.

2 comments:

THE Matt Adams said...

It will get better!

Anonymous said...

I like the matt adams comment! LOL!

Yes, I agree.. Mondays are BLAH. BLAAAAAAAAAH.. esp when it's 90 degrees outside on the way to work..

Meet Rachel Adams

I started my blog because I am convinced that I should have my own television show. Once I point this out to other people, they think it is a great idea. I feel a show about me would be MUCH more entertaining than a large portion of what is on TV now. So, until Bravo or Mojo calls to ask to tape my life, I will keep up my blog to entertain myself and my public. Feel free to post any questions or thoughts you would like me to address.

Enjoy the show!